What is WBFS Scheme? | West Bengal Freeship Scheme | WBFS Scholarship 2021
|What is WBFS Scheme? | West Bengal Freeship Scholarship Scheme 2021|
What is WBFS Scheme?
WBFS mostly Known as "West Bengal Freeship Scheme" is a very Popular Scholarship/Educational Scheme of Westbengal for the Student of Different Professional Course. Student Under This Scheme will get Their Full Course Tuition Fees Waiver by State Govt. Education fund Under Westbengal Government. Mauritius Student from Poor Family of Westbengal Domicile, Pursuing Under Graduate Courses in Degree Level in State Funded/Private College can Apply for This Scholarship. They will get Full Freeship, or either Half Freeship through Programme.
Overview of WBFS 2021 WestBengal Freeship full Check List
|Benefit||Tuition Fees Waiver|
|Family Income||Not more than 2.5 Lakh|
|Important||TFW & SVMCM are not Eligible|
|Apply Date||December to January|
About WBFS Scheme
The West Bengal Free ship Scheme (WBFS) has been introduced from the year 2011. WBFS is for the under Graduate students level in Engineering & Technology/ Pharmacy/ Architecture programmes conducted by the self financing private Engineering and Technical Institutions of the State.
Eligibility for students who can apply under WBFS
- Under Graduate students level in Engineering & Technology/ Pharmacy/ Architecture conducted by the self financing private Engineering and Technical Institutions of the State, are eligible for WBFS Scholarship Scheme.
- Merit rank in State Level/National Level Entrance Examination.
- Candidate must be domicile of the West Bengal.
- Annual family income of the candidate must not be more than Rs.2.50 lakhs.
Application Date of WBFS Scheme 2021
|Schedule of Online Application|
|Online Application Start Date||08-12-2021|
|Last Date for Apply Online||31-01-2022,|
within January, 2022
Un-eligible Students of WBFS Scheme
- Candidates selected under Tuition Free Waiver (TFW) Scheme of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
- Candidates of SVMCM West Bengal Swami Vivekananda Merit-cum-Means Scholarship Scheme
- Student Have not Getting any other scholarship from other State/Central Government source
Benefit of WBFS Scheme
- The waiver is limited to the tuition fee for all the institutions concerned.
- All other fees except tuition fees will have to be borne by the beneficiary.
There Are two Type of Free-Ship Category.
- Only 20% Students will Approved and Get the Freeship among The total Number of Student.
- 10% will Get Full Freeship and Remain 10% will Get Half Free-Ship of the Tuition Fees.
As a Example, A CSE Branch of ABC Tech College has 50 Intake Capacity. So, Only 10 Student will Get Freeship, if They Apply and Get Approved. 5 student will Get Full Free Tuition Fees and 5 have to Give Half Sem Tuition Fees.
The Tuition Fees will The Scholarship for Students. State will Give the Amount Direct to The College/University.
Application Process of WBFS Scheme
Please follow the bellow steps to fill up the Online Application Form.
- At first applicants need to fill up and submit the online registration form.
- On successful submission of the Registration Form, an Applicant ID of 15 characters will be generated and it will be used to login and complete the remaining Steps of the Application process.
- The Applicant Id is also required for all future correspondences.
- The Applicant ID will also be sent to the mail id, entered at the time of registration.
- Login with the generated Applicant ID, Password (which was set during Registration Process) and Captcha (Security Code).
- After successful login, fill up rest of the application forms.
- While uploading Scanned Copy of Image (Photograph) and Signature, please maintain File Format and File Size as mentioned.
- Image (Photograph) and Signature format should be JPG/JPEG and size should be in between 20KB-50KB and 10KB-20KB respectively.
- After successful submission of application forms, the form to upload scanned supporting document will be appeared.
- Upload all necessary documents as mentioned in the form.
- While uploading, please maintain the File Format and File Size, as mentioned.
- Files should be in PDF format and size should not exceed 400KB
- After successful upload of supporting documents, the online application is shown in view mode.
- You can edit the information if needed at that time.
- Now the submission process will be completed by clicking on “Final Submit Application” button from view application.
Note: Please note that after final submission of online application, the application cannot be edited anymore.
Documents to be uploaded:
- Marksheet Of (10+2) th Std. Examination
- Merit Rank Card (WBJEE/JEE Main)
- Domicile Certificate (Format of Domicile Certificate is available under Download menu)
- Income Certificate of Family (Format of Income Certificate of Family is available in Official Site menu)
For the purpose of determining the Annual Income of the parents/ guardians of the students, an officer of the State Government in the rank of Joint Block Developer Officer or above in the district/ their equivalent counterparts (Group-A Officer) elsewhere will be competent to issue Income Certificate.
Other Scholarship for College Students:
Authority to issue Domicile Certificate
- District Magistrate, Additional District Magistrate, Deputy Magistrate, Deputy Collector, Sub-Divisional Officer, Block Development Officer.
- Superintendent of Police, Additional Superintendent of Police, Sub-Divisional Police Officer, Deputy Superintendent of Police.
- Commissioner, Additional Commissioner, Joint Commissioner, Deputy Commissioner, Assistant Commissioner of Police Commissioner.
- Judicial Magistrate of any rank or position in the concerned district or Metropolitan locality or Hon'ble High Court at Calcutta or Hon'ble Supreme Court of India.
- Corporate Area Commissioner, Additional Commissioner, Joint Commissioner, Assistant Commissioner.
- Assistant Secretary or above in the Secretariat to the Government of West Bengal (including GTA) or Central Government.
- Deputy Director or above in the Directorate to the Government of West Bengal or Central Government.
Certificate Format PDF
This is The Full Details of West Bengal Freeship Scheme, Hope this Will Help You, and You will Get the Benefit Of this Programme of Govt of West Bengal. Best of Luck and Thanks For Reading.
- What is WBFS Scheme?
- West Bengal Freeship Scheme
- WBFS Scholarship 2021
- WBFS Application Process